I have been in the financial services industry for over twenty-five years. I have helped business owners, individuals, and families define their financial goals and take the necessary steps to move forward and achieve financial independence.
My education has included a B. A. from the University of Houston, an M.Div. from Duke University, and graduate studies in finance at the University of Houston. I earned the Chartered Life Underwriter designation from the American College in 1986 and the Chartered Financial Consultant designation from the American College in 1992.
My clients have learned that I see every new client as the beginning of a long-term relationship. As a result, many of the clients I started with at the beginning of my practice are still with me. Together, we have worked on and adapted their financial plans to address changing jobs, new businesses, children, marriages, divorces, and even deaths. In some cases I am working with two generations of the same family. In other cases I have helped in the matter of closing or selling businesses and the transition to retirement income for families. When the occasion has arisen, I have helped executors and trustees with the steps necessary to move assets in accordance with the provisions in trusts and wills.
The key to financial planning is a two-way conversation that recognizes and leads to actions that address and support a person’s changing needs, circumstances and goals.
My areas of expertise include the following:
For businesses and their owners—
- Installation and support for 401(k) retirement plans
- Periodic investment education for 401(k) participants
- Succession planning
- Estate planning
- Deferred Compensation
For individuals and families—
- College saving
- Asset allocation and portfolio construction for long term saving, including IRA accounts
- Planning for financial independence
- Retirement income strategies
My community involvement includes:
- Founding member of The Professional Resource, an organization that provides relevant information about important business topics to members of the Houston business community through speakers, experts, and consultations.
- Member of Christ Church Cathedral (Episcopal) and service on the Adult Education Council and the Center at the Cathedral as well as chairing those councils.
- Membership in a Trusted Advisor’s Group under the leadership of a Vistage Chair and a part of that group’s on-going study and promotion of best practices in the professional business environment.
- Founding member of the Hoffman Economic Study Group, which meets monthly to study and understand economic issues that are relevant to the United States.
My licenses include the general lines life and health license for Texas. My securities licenses include the Series 6, 63, 65, 7, 24 and 26 securities licenses for Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Iowa, Louisiana and California. I am a registered representative with Calton & Associates, Inc. and an investment advisor representative with Westpark Wealth Advisors, Inc.